ESS Environmental Policy Statement
Essential Safety Solutions is committed to:
- Minimising adverse environmental effects in both our and our clients’ work environments;
- Fostering a culture of sustainable environmental management;
- Fostering a culture of awareness, and compliance in our employees; and
- Ensuring the satisfaction of our clients by providing high quality performance on every project.
- Achieving best practice in environmental management across all of our operations.
- Strive to improve resource consumption efficiency and minimise waste generation in our operations and through the life cycle of services and products
- Ensure understanding of environmental requirements and implementation of standards among our employees, suppliers and contractors
- Strive to improve resource consumption efficiency and minimise waste generation in our operations and through the life cycle of products
- Monitoring and reducing our energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, paper consumption, waste and water usage
- Reducing fuel consumption by scheduling the jobs by distance
- Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements
- Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible ie. recycled, FSC or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources
The Essential Safety Solutions environmental management strategy provides for the ongoing development of systems to achieve the principles of best practice. The strategy is dynamic to allow for the incorporation of innovative practice to achieve our environmental goals. Compliance with, and improvements in, Essential Safety Solutions strategy are achieved by a proactive approach which includes:
- Having a nominated person whose responsibility it is to identify activities which may impact on the environment, and institute, monitor, and review minimisation strategies;
- Identifying and complying with applicable environmental laws and regulations, contractual obligations, and Codes of Practice;
- Developing procedures to minimise the effects of our activities on the environment;
- Preventing pollution;
- Applying waste minimisation strategies across all of its operations – job sites, yards, and offices.
- Identifying cost savings (through avoided waste, and compliance issues etc) to ensure continued support of the policy;
- Taking a cooperative approach to exercising due diligence;
- Developing a culture of environmental awareness and compliance in our employees through training and example;
- Ensuring the effective application of our developed plans and procedures, and the meeting of Performance Indicators through monitoring and review throughout each project;
- Maintaining open communication with staff, clients, and stakeholders on all matters pertaining to environmental performance; and regularly reviewing procedures against performance outcomes to maintain a culture of continuous improvement.
SIGNIFICANT ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS
Essential Safety Solutions examines its key processes to discover how these processes interact with the environment. Based on these interactions, the company then identifies its “significant environmental aspects.” These aspects are where work processes have a significant or measurable impact on the environment. Many of these aspects fall under legal requirements, however some aspects may relate to the Environmental Policy commitments of improving performance and preventing pollution.
Essential Safety Solutions is committed to continual evaluation and improvement of its environmental system. This policy is applicable to all Essential Safety Solutions work sites and operations.